Nuts & Bolts of the CrossFit Foundations Course:
The course includes 4 mandatory sessions with a coach to cover the CrossFit Foundations curriculum. Generally these will be held during the evening directly before or after a ViTaFIT class.
We will also include one make-up session if you cannot attend the regularly-scheduled sessions. The make-up is generally the following weekend, directly following the weekend ViTaFIT class.
Cost of the program is $129
THE NEXT COURSE DATES
- MONDAY MAY 9TH @ 6:45PM
- WEDNESDAY MAY 11TH @ 6:45PM
- MONDAY MAY 16TH @ 6:45PM
- WEDNESDAY MAY 18TH @ 6:45PM
- Make-up Session: TBD
OR, KEEP READING TO LEARN ALL ABOUT WHY AND HOW TO COMPLETE THE CROSSFIT FOUNDATIONS PROGRAM
The Beginning: ViTaFIT is a Program for ALL!
At Aevitas, our bread-and-butter is CrossFit programming. This is the method of group training we built this gym on, and more than six years in we are still committed to the constantly varied, functional movements performed at high intensity that CrossFit training is all about.
If you’re a new athlete starting at Aevitas, your first workouts with us will be in a ViTaFIT class. ViTaFIT is a program that can be implemented in 45 minutes (compared to the traditional hour-long CrossFit class), and is action-packed with many exciting (and functional!) movements. The workouts, like CrossFit, are universally scaleable to any fitness level and background. The movements are somewhat simple in nature and involve body weight, dumbells, kettlebells, torpedos, resistance bands, boxes, cardio machines, gymnastics rings, and pull-up bars. Like CrossFit, every day is different and exciting, so you will never get bored. Also like CrossFit, the intent is to add (or subtract) intensity to match your own capability and goals. And finally, just like our CrossFit program, there is a coach with you every step of the way, ensuring you are performing the movements with correct technique and intensity so that you get the most out of every single workout.
ViTaFIT classes are simple, but definitely cannot be described as easy. Just ask any of our ViTaFIT or CrossFit athletes who have been through a grueling 45-minute ViTaFIT session!
Our intent with the ViTaFIT program is to create a workout regimen that you can follow indefinitely, just like CrossFit. Since the movements (and repetitions) can be scaled up or down to meet your needs, you’ll never have a workout that’s not specifically programmed for you. However, at some point, you may want to take your increased work capacity gained through the ViTaFIT program and try your hand at our bread-and-butter CrossFit program. If that is you, keep reading to learn how to make the leap!
Transitioning from ViTaFIT to CrossFit
First of all, the question that we get a lot: Does everyone have to transition from ViTaFIT to CrossFit? And the answer is absolutely NOT. The ViTaFIT program is created to be a stand-alone regimen, and the intensity can be scaled to allow even the most seasoned athletes to gain a higher level of fitness. However, in some cases athletes decide that they want to try out the “deep end” of our CrossFit program - and that’s great too!
If you are in our ViTaFIT program and are thinking about giving CrossFit a try, let a coach know! There is some work that needs to be done to close the gap between the ViTaFIT movements and CrossFit movements, which is where the CrossFit OnRamp course comes in. But before we get to the mechanics of the course, let’s first look at what your reasons/thoughts might be that lead you to wanting to give CrossFit a try.
How to know if you’re ready to transition
Use the questions below to discover if you’re “ready” for CrossFit (hint: CrossFit is infinitely scale-able as well, so everyone is “ready”), and if the OnRamp course is right for you
- How often are you coming to ViTaFIT classes, currently?
- Do you attend 3-4 days per week, and wish there were even more opportunities to attend? If this is the case, transitioning to CrossFit opens up more opportunities within the week to get your fitness on!
- Or, are you unable to attend as much as you’d like because of the somewhat limited ViTaFIT schedule? If that’s the case, transitioning to CrossFit might be the right path to take to allow for more training time within a busy schedule.
- How intense are you making the ViTaFIT workouts? When asked to use a Torpedo, are you choosing 10-15lb, or going with 20lb or more? What about medicine balls - choosing the 8 or 10, or have you moved up to the 14/20?
- NOTE: You can absolutely complete CrossFit workouts with 10lb dumbells and the 8lb medicine ball! This question is primarily to gauge whether it’s just more intensity you want (which can be achieved in ViTaFIT by adding weight, moving more quickly through the workouts, etc.)
- How much do you value instruction/coaching time within the workout?
- In ViTaFIT, the instruction/coaching is somewhat limited to the coach demonstrating the movements, maybe practicing a bit, and then going into the workout, with the coach correcting form along the way to keep you safe and keep the workout effective.
- In CrossFit, due to the higher-skill and higher-risk aspects of many of the movements, much more time is spent on instruction and practice of the movements (especially barbell and gymnastic movements). If this does not appeal to you, and you’d rather just come in and get a good sweat on for 30+ straight minutes, ViTaFIT may be a better choice. If you’re starving for more knowledge, come on over to the CrossFit side and you’ll never be wanting - there’s so much to learn!
- What are your fitness goals?
- If your goals are general, ViTaFIT programming can and should be able to get you there. Modest and sustainable strength/endurance gains and weight loss should be a hallmark of any successful training program. These can be achieved in BOTH our ViTaFIT and CrossFit programs, provided you’re also focused on the other aspects of your health, like proper nutrition, sleep, and stress management
- Higher-level strength gains, however, are more likely to occur in CrossFit, because we have more opportunity to increase the weight intensity of movements once we start adding the resistance of heavy kettlebells, sandbags, and barbells. Also, higher-level skill goals can be achieved in CrossFit over ViTaFIT. Want pull-ups, muscle-ups, rope climbs, handstands? CrossFit is where to go on your skill-acquisition journey.
Steps to take
If you’ve determined through the questions above that you are in fact ready for the next step towards CrossFit, let’s get you started on that path!
- Step 1 - Let a coach know! First and foremost, we need to know that you’re interested in moving to CrossFit, so we can make sure you have the most up-to-date information on how the transition can work best for you
- Step 2 - Mark your calendar for the next CF Foundations Course. This is where you’ll learn the more complex barbell and gymnastic movements in a small group setting, allowing for a lot of time with one of our expert coaches. After the course is complete, you’re welcome to join in on any of our CrossFit and Specialty classes, and will be transitioned into an Unlimited membership for the rest of the month!
- Step 3 - Sign Up! You can do that by using the "SIGN UP NOW" button below and completing the form. That's it, other than showing up for Day 1!
Nuts & Bolts of the ViTaFIT Foundations Program
The OnRamp program includes 4 mandatory sessions with a coach. Generally these will be held during the evening directly before or after a ViTaFIT class.
We will also host a make-up session, as needed in case you miss any of the main sessions. This weekend session will generally be held directly after the weekend morning ViTaFIT class.
Cost of the program is $129 for the 4 sessions (including any make-up sessions as needed)